Saturday, January 31, 2009

When Life gives you Lemons…. and MiniMouthboy Steals Again?

Leesepea over at “But Wait! There’s More…” has bestowed upon me the “Lemonade” Award and it gave me some much needed blog love. Now I get to bestow it upon others!

I also like saying the word bestow. LOL

Here are the rules:
1. You must link back to the person you received the award from.

2. You have to nominate 10 bloggers who are deserving of this award!

So, without further adieu, I hereby bestow The Lemonade Award upon:

1. Pissed Off Teacher over at Pissed Off Teacher because her wry sense of humor and sharp wit has sent me laughing uncontrollably. Additionally she has to deal with the idiots over at the NYC Board of Education.

2. ChiTown Girl over at I Teach Kdg because of her willingness to work with the “little people.” I would go insane on day 1.

3. Ms. Bluebird over at Bluebirds Classroom because anyone willing to put themselves in the thick of seventh grade hormones has a big star in my book!

4. Ms. 14moreyears over at Have A Gneiss Day because like Pissed Off Teacher, she too has to deal with the morons over in NY, including her “colleagues” who insist on policing things like the copy machine.

5. Mimi over at Its Not All Flowers and Sausages because she is another teacher suffering through the ills of public school. Her most memorable characters are Bacon Hunter and Big Boy. I highly recommend her.

6. Officer Wright over at Juvenile Corrections because he works with the youth that has fallen through the cracks and are on their last shred of chances.

7. Foster Mama over at Postcards From Insanity because she helps those children in need of protection. So many go forgotten and lost and Foster Mama finds and helps them.

8. Tudu over at Finishing Off My Family because she takes in those children that nobody wants and loves them for who they are. She has a big heart and is wonderful.

9. Melissa over at Dispatch Hell because the range of stupidity is world wide!

10. Edna Lee over at Regurgitated AlphaBits because she’s just plain funny.

Now I would stop here, but I just HAVE to mention a few more blogs that are worth the read and also deserve this award.

11. Mr. Teacher over at Learn Me Good because teaching 3rd grade takes guts and also offers hysterical anecdotes.

12. Angela Powell over at The Cornerstone Blog because she offers some great stories and awesome advice.

In other news, I’m finally free of the heathens on my bus. I have officially gone back to being a “floater” and am loving every minute of it. People have asked me if I will miss the kids on my bus, and I can honestly say that while I will miss a few of them, I am glad to be rid of the majority of them. Already, the NewDriver is experiencing problems in getting them to behave and follow the rules. MiniMouthboy tried it the minute he realised I was not riding the bus.

Apparently, NewDriver found out that MiniMouthboy had been misbehaving and was out of the seat I originally assigned him. MiniMouthboy is not allowed past the second seat back because of his attitude and behavior issues. NewDriver redirected MiniMouthboy to his rightful seat and then proceeded to chat up the kids on the bus in a “getting to know you” fashion. During this time, MiniMouthboy proceeded to steal NewDriver’s voice recorder which he uses to keep track of the route until he feels confident not to need it. NewDriver returned to his seat and MiniMouthboy’s sister informs him that MiniMouthboy had stole the recorder from him. MiniMouthboy vehemently denies this accusation, but the recorder is found in MiniMouthboy’s pocket. Of course MiniMouthboy tries everything under the sun to claim its NOT NewDrivers voice recorder, but eventually gets proven wrong. NewDriver is learning not to trust the kids so willingly and not leave his stuff laying around the bus where a child could take it. I hope the kids don’t drive him insane.
Loving Life,
The Bus Driver

7 comments:

Mimi said...

Thanks for the blogger love, friend!!! (And the kind wishes.)

Edna Lee said...

Why, a great big THANK YOU for the blog love and award! You are too kind!

Just as an aside, my word verification to leave this message is "dingsnop." I officially love it and must find a way to work it into my every day vocabulary. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again!

17 (really 15) more years said...

Thanks for the blog <3! Trust me- I need it!

ChiTown Girl said...

Aw, thanks for all the bloggy love!

Argh! MiniMouth needs a good swift swat on the behind!! I'm surprised his siter ratted him out. She must have been mad at him or something. ;-)

Pissedoffteacher said...

Thanks for the love--I need it! Your blog is one I would give love to as well.

If you ever think about changing careers, I still think you would make an excellent teacher. You've already learned how to deal with all the crap that goes with it.

The Bus Driver said...

Edna - You can always use it in joking to students... "you are such a dingsnop" aka goofball.. it sounds like a goofball word.

ChiTown - yeah they rat each other out for misbehavior, i bet it happens at home too! and yes he does need a good swat!

PO'd - Thanks, maybe eventually i'll become a teacher... just right now, dealing with what i do.. thats enough!!! LOL

Mister Teacher said...

Thanks so much for the lemonade!! :)