Wednesday, August 27, 2014

New School Year - Feeling Awesome

I don't know who reads my blog anymore, and if you do, thank you!  If you are new, WELCOME!   I took a bit of a hiatus from blogging because my life got exponentially busier when I decided on going back to college.  It's now been 2 years back in college and I am about to graduate (in December) with a degree in Accounting.  I've also decided on expanding my education further and getting a second degree in Marketing.  I have maintained a 4.0 GPA, which has been difficult but worth it.

In other news, I finally decided on getting a full time bus route instead of bouncing from bus to bus.  I still do field trips but I have a set route morning and afternoon.  It's been a godsend for me given my current college schedule.  It's nice to know exactly where I am going to be on a daily basis.

True to form - my kids this year are wonderful and so well behaved.  I handpicked this bus out of all of them and I am glad I made the choice.  I provide them with cold water bottles every afternoon because it is extremely hot here and only the special education buses have air conditioning.  It's a small price to pay for the comfort of the children.  If you have children riding the buses, offer to provide just one case of water.  If every parent whose child rode the bus were to offer one case of water to the bus, we'd never run out.

In other news - one of my more helpful middle school boys had a funny moment the other day.

Him (to me) - That little girl looks too small to be going to school!

Me - Yes, she is pre-kindergarten.  They start out that small and grow a foot over the course of a year.

Him (after a few minutes of contemplation) - Your foot or my foot?

Me (nearly speechless and giggling) - 12 inches kiddo.


Thanks for stopping by!

The Bus Driver

5 comments:

Pissedoffteacher said...

missed you. glad you were away for good reasons. congrats on diploma and good grades.

The Bus Driver said...

you would be proud I made an A in college algebra

ChiTown Girl said...

Wow, you have been a busy little bee! Congrats on finishing your degree. Man, that time flew by quickly. Well, it did for ME, I'm not sure about how you feel about it. :P

KauaiMark said...

Still here!

Missouri Bus said...

An A in college algebra is excellent. That was my hardest subject in college and I did not get an A. How nice you provide cold water bottles for all the kids.