Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pollen Did It

The little boy who lives across the parking lot from me is obsessed with the transit bus that I drive regularly. He can't help it, he's 4. He usually requests a "ride around the parking lot" in the bus. Occasionally, I let him. I also let him operate the door, and he always asks questions about the buttons and knobs on the panel at the front of the bus. He's absolutely adorable. Today, he and his mother were out in the parking lot having some "outside" time and I pull in on the bus. He runs to the door after I get parked and informs me of some very important news.

Busboy: Ms. Bus Driver, guess what!?

Me: What Busboy?

Busboy (very authoritatively): SomeBODY put stuff all over our car this morning, but I washed it off all by myself!

Me: Oh really? Who would do such a thing?

Busboy (knowingly): "Pollen" did it!

I must set out to find this "Pollen" and make sure he is brought to justice!

Giggling,

The Bus Driver

2 comments:

ChiTown Girl said...

Isn't he precious!? You are too sweet for driving him around and letting him play bus driver. He must adore you!

stacy_ree said...

Awwww! So cute!!!